1.2 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of Our users while providing valuable and personalized service and we take the privacy of our Users seriously.
1.3 When You use the App, the App may collect Your device number and other personal information, but a high standard of security is maintained by Us for Our users. User information is not rented or sold to any third party. However, the transmission of information via the Internet or telephone networks is not completely secure. While We do Our best to protect Your information, particularly with respect to protection of Your personal data, Autoryder cannot entirely ensure the security of Your data transmitted via the Internet, telephone, or any other network.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED
2.1 Traffic Data Collected
The following categories of information is tracked and collected to provide the App when used by ‘You’: (1) IP addresses, (2) domain servers, and (3) Other information associated with the interaction of Your device and the App (collectively " Traffic Data”).
2.2 Personal Information Collected to provide the App
We may require You to provide Us with certain information that personally identifies You (" Personal Information "). Personal Information includes the following categories of information: (1) Contact Data (such as Your e-mail address, phone number, and any extra contact details); and (2) Demographic Data (such as Your time zone, Your postal address and location details). If You communicate with Us via, for example, e-mail or letter, ‘We’ may collect any information provided in such communications.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 We do not disclose Your Personal Information to any third parties other than to affiliates of Autoryder.
3.2 Our best efforts are put in to use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified) for the following purposes:
3.2.1 To build up marketing profiles;
3.2.2 To aid strategic development, data collection and business analytics;
3.2.3 To manage our relationship with advertisers and partners
3.2.4 To audit usage of the App;
3.2.5 To enhance user experience in relation to the App (“collectively, “ Permitted Use”).
3.3 We reserve the right to disclose Personal Information if required to do so by the law or if we believe that it is necessary to do so to protect and defend the rights, property, or personal safety of Autoryder, the App, or Our Users.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
4.1.1 Comply with a court order or other legal process;
4.1.2 Protect the rights, property or safety of Autoryder or another party;
4.1.3 Enforce the Agreement, including Terms or
4.1.4 Respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties.
5.1 We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to Us, both during transmission and once We receive it. The security of Your Personal Information is important to Us.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
7.1 You may request Us in writing that We cease to use Your Personal Information and You have a right to correct any errors in Your Personal Information available with Us.
8. RESTRICTION OF LIABILITY
8.1 Autoryder makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents available through the App and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents available through the App.
8.2 No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents available through the App or its links to other Internet resources as may be available to Your through the App.
8.3 If you have questions or concerns, feel free to email Us or to correspond [email protected] comand We will attempt to address Your concerns. Reference in the App to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by Autoryder.
AUTORYDER – USER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
If You wish to book a Private Hire Vehicle, Minicab or Taxi via this website, You must agree to the terms below as the exclusive basis which governs such bookings and must tick the "I agree to Autoryder Terms & Conditions" box on the main passenger's contact information booking page. If you do not agree to any of the terms, do not book any transportation via this website. If you are booking on behalf of someone else, by clicking on "I agree to Autoryder Terms & Conditions", You are representing that You have their full authority to accept these terms and conditions on their behalf. Anyone that uses this website and agrees to services provided as a result will be deemed to have read and agreed to the following Terms & Conditions:
DEFINITIONS USED IN THIS AGREEMENT:
In these Terms and Conditions the following expressions shall have the following meanings save where the context otherwise requires. The clause headings and any other headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction of these Terms.
"Agreed Pick-Up Point" the appointed place for You to be picked up by your transportation as set out in the Details.
"Agreed Time" the appointed date and time for You to be picked up by your transportation as set out in the Details.
"Booking" the booking of a Minicab, private hire or taxi effected via this Website for undertaking Trips. Bookings can be made for single trips, return trips or split trips.
"PHO" the Private Hire operator company with whom your booking is serviced. This shall also include the term “ATP” which is Authorised Transportation Provider.
"PHO T&C" the terms and conditions of the PHO which in addition to these terms govern the booking and (trip).
"Card" the credit, debit or charge card you use when making the booking.
"Cash" the payment you make for the fare to the PHO and/or its Driver.
"Autoryder" are Autoryder Ltd of 2 Leman Street, London E1 8FA, United Kingdom.
"Card Costs" are any charges due to the credit card processing companies used by you to pay for the Trip
"Details" the details which you must provide upon making a booking including pick-up date and time, pick-up and drop-off addresses and your personal data.
"Fare" the fee paid by you for the quote or the actual agreed cost which you accept.
"Goods" any goods carried in a PHO which are booked via this website.
"Trip" the journey you wish to make from the pick-up address to the drop-off address provided by you.
"Licensing Authority" any regional or national licensing authority responsible for licensing the operation of taxi or minicab companies.
"Particular Requirements" any specific requirements you may have relating to disabled facilities, the gender of the driver, extra luggage, child seats or other considerations.
"Passenger" any passenger carried in a PHO which is booked via this website.
"Personal Data" the details which you provide regarding your physical and email addresses, telephone number and credit card details.
"Quote" a fixed price quote that you receive via the website for the trip.
"Terms" these terms and conditions between Autoryder and You.
"Website" Auoryder’s public website and mobile site located at www.atoryder.com and any of our social mediapages/ sites or smartphone, Smart TV, Phablet, tablet apps and any other ‘platform’ which can access the internet.
"You" means the person who enters details.
"Minicab, Taxi or PHO" will refer to all Private Hire vehicles made available for pre-booked Trips, in compliance with the requirements of relevant licensing authorities.
The clause headings and any other headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction of these Terms.
- GENERAL TERMS:
- In making a booking via this website you must provide accurate details and are responsible for any failure to do so.
- You hereby warrant to Autoryder that you are minimum eighteen years of age and legally able to make the booking and have capacity to enter this agreement.
- Autoryder does not guarantee that it will be able to fulfil Your requirements and reserves the absolute right to refuse any bookings which you wish to make and to cancel any bookings you have made, and in such case to refund to you, in full and final settlement of any claims you might have, the fee paid by you.
- Under the Consumer Contract Regulations, you have a right to cancel any order made via phone, APP or the Internet. This is 7 days from the time of your Order for goods or services is made. However, as the transportation via our website or App are considered “consumables” and the journey planned and booked is specifically “customised to your needs”, our bookings are exempt from the CCRegs and Distance Selling Regulations, from the very moment our service starts being provided to you.
- In this instance, the acceptance of your booking by one of our ATPs and any journey made in servicing your Order, will constitute work being commenced, and no refund will be given if the services commence within the “7 day cooling off period”. Your consumer rights are not affected by this.
- Any variations to the journey(s) originally discussed, booked and agreed to between the PHO company and the client may be subject to additional charges, if these changes involve extra time and/or distance being covered.
- No hidden taxes, fees or extra charges will be payable upon completion of the job, except where additional waiting time and/or car parking charges have been incurred and these were defined and agreed to in our quotation discussion. You are not obliged to ‘tip’ your driver, but may do so at your own individual discretion.
- We reserve the right to alter our charges at any time. The Booking Services are provided by u to you free of charge. However, we reserve the right to introduce a fee for the provision of the Booking Services, and if we decide to introduce such a fee, we will inform you accordingly and allow you to either continue or terminate your access to the Booking Services.
- The rates that apply for the transportation services can be found on the Website and App., which may be modified or updated from time to time. It is your responsibility to remain informed about the current rates for the transportation services.
- We reserve the right to substitute any vehicle or chauffeur/driver if operationally that becomes necessary.
- In the event of a "No-show" by the client, or if a booking is cancelled by you or the actual customer within 24 hours of the start of the period of hire, any and all monies paid will be totally non-refundable.
- Although vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims under British Law, you or the actual customer's own property is carried entirely at their own risk and the company shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage to such property.
- Autoryder cannot be held responsible for any losses financially or professionally, any missed connection times whether flights or trains due to the PHO not arriving at the pick-up address at the booked time. You hereby indemnify us against any such losses or events, unless it is through the provable neglect or liability of Autoryder.
- Neither can we cannot be held responsible for any missed connections i.e. flights, trains, boats due to any adverse weather, traffic conditions, or road traffic accidents or road closures that may prevent the appropriate connection times. You are advised to ensure you have adequate travel insurance to cover any such events.
- No alcohol or food consumption will be allowed 'inside' the vehicle at any time under any circumstances. All alcohol transported must be stowed in the exterior luggage compartment in a safe condition. Should the vehicle require any valeting due to negligence or alcohol illness a charge may be made of £90.00 for Private hire vehicles and £100.00 for minibuses - to cover cost of cleaning and subsequent loss of earnings.
- The PHO operator further reserves the right to refuse carriage to any person who is thought or considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Smoking is against the law in public places within the UK and is not permitted in the vehicles under any circumstances. This includes the use of any “E-Cig” or electronic nicotine, “vape” or ‘shisha’ device.
- In accordance with British Law, seat belts must be worn at all times during the journey. No liability shall be accepted for any incidents or injury caused whilst not using them.
- The material contained in this web site is provided for general information only and does not constitute acceptance of any bookings that may be made. We accept no responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site or from any taxi bookings made using this site.
- Without prior notice Autoryder reserves the right to amend, change, delete or add to these terms and conditions whenever necessary.
- Any booking you make may also be subject to other private hire carrier terms & conditions, although where there is any conflict between the PHO terms & conditions and the provisions of this agreement, the provisions contained in this agreement shall always override those contained in the PHO terms & conditions.
- We cannot confirm the ability of the PHO to accommodate any particular personal requirements and in the event that you have such particular requirements you should not assume they can be accommodated. If you have any doubts regarding this then you should not us this website but instead make alternative travel arrangements that do address your particular requirements.
- Payment will not cover any extra requirements you request, such as child seats. If you do not indicate any additional requirements or luggage when booking, resulting in a larger size vehicle being required, then the PHO may charge you extra, which you must pay them directly for.
- We reserve the right to correct any typographical errors discovered in any elements of the information that appears on the website including pricing mistakes. If, once you are informed of such error, you wish to withdraw your booking and do not wish to proceed with it, you shall be free to do so and any monies already paid by you will be refunded in full.
- You acknowledge and accept that we are acting as the commission based agent only of the PHO and that whilst we will try to assist with any complaints you may have in respect of the PHO's services, any legal remedy you seek will be sought against the PHO not Autoryder.
- For bookings that are required to be pre-paid by card, we are entitled to collect all monies due for the booked trip from you acting entirely in its own right, and settle all card costs of the booked trip, in advance of making the payment due to the PHO for the booked trip as the PHO’s booking agent.
- You agree that in the fulfilment of the booking, where the PHO feels it is appropriate, PHO gives Autoryder the right to novate the contract for the provision of transport services between you and the PHO to another suitable party, to ensure the fulfilment of the booking as effected via this website.
- BOOKINGS, PAYMENTS & REFUND POLICY:
- If booking with any ‘Pay by Card’ option, you agree to pay the fare at the time you make your Booking, and it cannot be reversed, discounted or refunded. If booking with any ‘Pay by Cash’ option, you agree to pay the fare to the PHO’s driver.
- You give a full undertaking and warrant that you are entitled to, or hold full authority to make payments with the card used for booking and payment of the service.
- Once you have confirmed your booking on the payment screen, it cannot be cancelled or changed except in accordance with the time requirement in clause 9 of these Terms.
- If paying by card, in the event that your card payment is refused by your card issuer for whatever reason, we will not be able to fulfil your booking.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all quotes provided by Autoryder are inclusive of VAT at the standard rate.
- Autoryder can provide you with a receipt for payment if desired, by email to the email address you registered with the booking.
- We expect that users of our service shall display courtesy and dignity to our employees, agents and the PHO operators we use. Bad behaviour, intolerance, discrimination, together with racist, sexist, homophobic behaviour or use of any other derogatory bad language, rudeness or discourtesies will not be tolerated by us or the PHO operators. Any violent or threatening behaviour may lead to the immediate termination of your transportation, and reporting to the nearest police. In such event, no refund shall be made for any unused promotion of your journey. Any misuse of our service or in the case of any repeated ‘no shows’, may lead your profile with us to be marked as being negative which may prevent you from booking through our service again. We reserve the right to lawfully do so without giving any reason.
- You agree to contract with us for the journey you have booked. Should you terminate your journey part way through it, no offset, discount or pro-rata refund shall in any event be made for any unused portion of the trip.
- In the event that PHO does not turn up at the agreed pick-up point within 20 minutes of the agreed time - or within 30 minutes if the pick-up point is an airport - and you do not subsequently use the duly booked PHO for the trip, you will be entitled to a full refund of the fare, along with any card costs, if you paid them in advance by card, as full and final settlement of any claim you might have in respect of such failure. However should you, at your own discretion, decide to continue with the trip where the PHO turns up after 20 minutes from the agreed time - or within 30 minutes if the pick-up point is an airport - then you will not be entitled to any such refund. Any claim for refund in the event of a no show by the PHO shall be made by you directly against the PHO concerned. Autoryder shall not be liable for giving any refund to you in these circumstances.
- In the event that you are not available at the agreed pick-up point within 10 minutes of the agreed time, it will be at PHO's discretion to treat your non-availability as a cancellation, and you will not be entitled to any refund of the fare, or any card costs that you may have paid in advance. Where the PHO operator decides to wait more than 10 minutes from the agreed time - or more than 30 minutes if the pick-up point is an airport then you may be subject to additional charges by the PHO operator in respect of any additional waiting time and/or parking charges and will make any such payment directly to the PHO operator.
- WARRANTY, DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- The PHO operator has warranted to Autoryder that it is licensed by the appropriate Licensing Authority(ies) but Autoryder shall not be responsible for absolute verification of such warranty and if you are in any doubt, you should contact the private hire operator or the licencing local authority, and rely on your own verification.
- Autoryder shall not be liable for any delays in pick-up or drop-off times or for any failure of the PHO operator to arrive at all or for any failure of the PHO operator to provide its services in accordance with your requirements or expectations.
- SAFETY FIRST: You should always exercise a degree of reasonable caution when entering the vehicle of a PHO operator (or with any unknown vehicle driver), and be aware of your personal safety at all times. Autoryder make no guarantees concerning the drivers of the vehicles, and we have not checked their credentials, insurance or personal character.
- As with any ‘stranger’, you should not place yourself in any vulnerable, awkward, compromising or unsafe situation. If you are in any doubt or feel uncomfortable, then you should not enter the vehicle or you should terminate your journey as quickly and safely as possible. We do not accept any liability for any untoward behaviour or actions that may occur to Passengers from the PHO.
- We cannot guarantee the gender of any driver, and we have to remind Passengers that racial and gender preference which could be regarded as unlawful, is not allowed. In certain circumstances due to cultural, religious or safety reasons, you may request a specific gender as your own, as long as this does not detrimentally exclude others unlawfully. If you have any such preference, you are to make this known at the time of your booking.
- Autoryder aggregate liability in respect of these terms and any matter arising out of it (including claims whether made in contract or tort) shall at all times be limited to £500.
- Subject as expressly provided in these terms all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded as far as legally possible. However, nothing in these clauses shall operate so as to exclude any absolute rights you may have under current consumer legislation or limit the PHO’s liability for death or personal injury arising out of its negligence.
- LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS:
- We or the PHO operator may decline to undertake the carriage or delivery of:
- money or securities, antiques, precious metals, furs, or jewellery or value, any goods or property (of whatsoever nature) of an intrinsic value of more than £100.
- any goods or property of a hazardous, dangerous, inflammable, explosive or noxious nature, or which are illegal to possess under existing English Law.
- any goods or property (of whatsoever nature) which may deteriorate in transit.
- We and the PHO operator shall have no liability whatsoever for loss or damage, however arising.
- Without prejudice we and the PHO operator shall not in any event be liable directly or indirectly for:
- consequential loss (whether for loss or profit or otherwise) and/or
- loss, damage and/or breakage to any fragile items what so ever whether arising from the acts, omissions or negligence of PHO and/or its employees and/or agents or arising howsoever.
- without prejudice the PHO shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage arising directly or indirectly from:
- breakdown, accident, adverse weather conditions.
- any act or omission on the part of the Customer.
- any clause, act or circumstance beyond the control of PHO operator (including, without limitation, any strike, (official or not) lock-out or other form of industrial action or labour dispute, governmental regulations, legal restrictions, embargoes, fire, flood, Act of God, any consequence of riot, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, acts of terrorism, rebellion, military or usurped power, confiscation, requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or upon the order of or in the name of any Government or public local authority, or other conditions amounting to a force majeure).
- DISPUTES & GRIEVANCES:
- If You have any complaint in respect of the service provided by the PHO operator, You agree to first contact PHO directly to resolve this with them within 24 hours of the alleged incident.
- If you are subsequently unable to resolve your complaint with the PHO operator, you agree to notify Autoryder of this dispute via the form on the ‘Contact Us’ page of our website or by email to [email protected] within 48 hours of the alleged incident. In the event that you fail to do so, any claim you might otherwise have shall be invalidated.
- We cannot promise you a full response or resolution of your problem or complaint. We can only raise the issue with the PHO on your behalf. If you are unable to resolve any claim or dispute you may have, then you retain the right to approach an independent third party or the courts at your expense and preference.
- Should you have a dispute with the PHO then Autoryder are not liable for any claims, demands and damages (actual and/ or consequential) of any kind or nature arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- We take customer satisfaction very seriously and will do all in our power to make your use of our service a pleasant one. If for any reason you have a complaint regarding the services of Autoryder, you should contact us at [email protected] or by writing to us at our registered office setting out your grievance. We shall respond to you as best we can in writing, in response to your issues.
- These Terms shall form the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any previous agreement and (save so far as expressly preserved hereby) any and all representations oral or otherwise made by either of the parties. You warrant that you have not relied on any ambiguous representations or any coercion made by Autoryder in entering into this agreement.
- Failure by either party at any time to enforce any right, claim or provision under these terms or arising hereunder, shall not be construed as a waiver of such right, claim or provision.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision (or part) of the Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Agreement will not be affected.
- The address for any legal notices or correspondence is Autoryder at [email protected], United Kingdom.
- These terms and your agreement with ourselves shall be governed and construed only in accordance with English Law. You irrevocably agree for the exclusive benefit of Autoryder, to submit any dispute hereunder to the jurisdiction of the courts of England who’s decision shall be binding, but nothing in these terms shall prevent Autoryder from taking proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction.